Wednesday 5 August 2015

#RPGaDay2015 - Day 5, Most Recent RPG Purchase

Kickstarters aside, I've not bought anything for ages. Intended future RPG purchases include commission art by my friend Abi of Jet Swan Art - she mostly does tokens for Magic: The Gathering (which I'm being very careful to never start playing because it appears to be addictive), but she's also done a few pieces for me for this blog (art for both Jvala and Svetlana) and I'd like a few more (I'm getting better at drawing but she's much better than me and has more drive to improve). I'm also (still) after tracking down oWoD Hunter - if I ever have free time again, I definitely will try because I have IDEAS.

But the most recent game I acquired was the beautiful Lords of Gossamer and Shadow, couresy of RPG Knights. I've put the PDF's on my phone and they are my current commuting reading material. Have ideas for games and/or game worlds there, too. Hoping to run a couple of sessions later this year - I have an idea for how to play it out and I'd like to write up as a story first (kinda like I tell Pathfinder and Aberrant, but from a more over-arcing perspective, rather than first person), then as a review of the system, from character creation (which confused me on the first read but the more I think about it the more I like it) through whatever mess of a game we end up playing. There's so much freedom to create, and that's very exciting to me.

I think it'd also be easy to adapt the system to use Genevieve Cogman's Invisible Library as the setting, rather than the intended Grand Stair, and that could be lots of fun too!



1 comment: