Friday 11 August 2017

#RPGaDAY2017: Day 11 - Which 'dead game' would you like to see reborn?

I'm not sure exactly what's meant by 'dead game' here - I play (and have played) a lot of games that aren't (weren't) being actively published, because one of the joys of RPG's is that once you have the book it doesn't matter. You don't need OS support and patches to keep playing it. You just need some friends and some imagination.

I'm going to assume it is intended to mean something not currently being published, with no new supplements coming out.

And I'm going to talk about Cyberpunk

There's rumours that there will be a new table top RPG to accompany the Cyberpunk 2077 computer RPG, but I'm finding it hard to find anything out about it.

I adore ShadowRun - I love the mix of cyberpunk and fantasy themes. Husbit and other members of my usual group are less enamoured which means I'm not going to get to play with them (and haven't the time/energy to take up with another group, though I do know interested people). But Husbit does like the cyberpunk genre and has run Cyberpunk 2020 before, and other members of our group would like to play it.

Which brings us back to Cyberpunk 2077, because thanks to the rumours Husbit's said he won't run 2020 but will wait for 2077 instead.

So hurry up 2077. I'm loving the games I'm in, but I do miss me some sci-fi.


~~~
 
RPGaDAY was started by Dave Chapman and is currently curated by RPG Brigade. To join in yourself, follow the questions in the graphic and blog, vlog, tweet, or otherwise share your responses with the hashtag RPGaDAY2017.

2 comments:

  1. Would love to play Shadowrun again, love the setting and mix of technology and fantasy elements. I think it is part of my want to play Numineria too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were on my list of interested people ;-)

      If you do run either, let me know :) - I might need to bit-part it because I can't commit to another game at the moment, but want to play both!

      Delete